Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Acquaintance and reacquaintance

One can travel in many different ways. One can visit old haunts, see long-lost friends, and/or perhaps long-lost family. Or one can discover new places, sights, friends, languages, foods, etcetera.

On this trip, I will be doing a little bit of both. As I set out across Europe, and then eventually arrive in India, I will meet up with some friends I have known for a long time, and visit places that I've been to before, but I will also visit places I've never been in my life, and possibly, hopefully, strike up new friendships. As such, this trip is part acquaintance and part reacquaintance.

I have just been in Spain, where I spent nine days among some amazing, incredible people who I consider to be good friends. While in Spain, I had the feeling that I was not in a foreign country, but at home.

It was a bit difficult to leave such a place, but now I have arrived in Paris, where for the next few weeks, I will try to improve my very elementary French, engage in random explorations of various parts of the city, and, hopefully, find ways to survive in one of Europe's most expensive cities on a shoestring budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment